- 1 small onion
- 1/2 medium sweet red or green pepper
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 C fresh or canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
1. Cut the onion into 1/4" slices. Dice the red or green pepper. Cut the zucchini into 1/4" slices. Set the vegetables aside.
2. Place the oil in a heavy 8 or 10" nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onions and peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender but not brown.
3. Stir in the garlic, then the zucchini, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Raise the heat to high and bring the mixture quickly to a boil; reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook the vegetables for 10 minutes, or until the zucchini is just tender.
4. Remove the cover and rapidly cook down the mixture until almost all the liquid has been absorbed.
Robyn's notes: I used canned organic diced tomatoes to save time, and served over a small amount of fettucine (fettucine, obviously, not GF).