- 1 C canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 C freshly cooked corn or thawed frozen corn
- 1/4 C diced sweet red or green peppers
- 2 Tbsp finely diced red onions
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt to taste
- ground red pepper (cayenne) to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the beans, corn, sweet peppers and onions.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and ground red pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in the oil. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss the salad well. Cover the bowl and chill for at least 1 hour to blend the flavors.
Robyn's notes: I intended to add cubes of avocado and tomato just before tossing the salad, but totally forgot. That would make it more of an entree, more fiber, heartier. As shown above, he really enjoyed it, and ate it quick. I made it again October 23, 2007, and remembered the tomato, but my avocado wasn't ripe. He enjoyed it even more with the tomato added.