- 1/3 C medium-grain bulgur
- 1/2 C water
- pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 C finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 clove crushed garlic
- 1/2 green onion
- 1/2 medium tomato, cubed
- 1/4 C cubed cucumbers
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
1. In a small saucepan, combine the bulgur, water and salt; bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the bulgur is tender and the water is absorbed. Fluff the bulgur with a fork and turn it into a mixing bowl to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Add the lemon juice, oil, parsley, mint and garlic. Toss well.
3. Cut the green onion, including the tender green part, into thin slices. Add the tomatoes, green onions and cucumbers to the bulgur and toss well.
4. Cover the tabbouleh and chill for several hours or overnight to blend the flavors. Serve sprinkled with the feta.
Yield: 1 serving
Robyn's notes: He thought this was 'awesome'. It was really easy and quick to make. There were too many ingredients that I'm not able to eat for me to try it.