- two 4oz skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 medium orange
- 1 Tbsp orange marmalade (see note, below)
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- dash crushed red pepper (optional)
2. Meanwhile, finely shred enough of the orange peel to measure 1/4 tsp; set aside. Peel orange. Cut orange in half lengthwise; cut crosswise into slices. In a small bowl, combine shredded peel and orange slices. Add orange marmalade, ginger, and if desired, crushed red pepper; toss gently to coat.
3. Remove cooked chicken from skillet, cover and keep warm. Reduce heat to low. Add orange mixture to the skillet. Cook and stir for 30 to 60 seconds, or until marmalade is melted and mixture is heated through. Serve the orange mixture over chicken.
Robyn's notes: When I was making my shopping list, I noted that Mustard-Orange Pork Tenderloin called for either orange marmalade or apricot preserves. I don't really enjoy orange marmalade, but I do like apricot preserves, so I decided to use that. I also used apricot preserves for this recipe. It came out just fine with that change. This was quite good.
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often
Post a Comment