- 1 C "lite" coconut milk
- 1/4 C lime juice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz chicken tenders
- 4 C shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 C shredded red cabbage
- 1 C sliced snow peas
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro (optional)
2. Place chicken in baking dish; bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add lettuce, cabbage, snow peas, onion, and cilantro if using to the large bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Divide between two plates.
4. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and thinly slice. Arrange the chicken slices on top of the salads. Drizzle 1 Tbsp of the cooking liquid over each of the salads.
Robyn's notes: dinner salads are a challenge for me, because they include so many ingredients that I can't have. This was a pleasant surprise, because the chicken was really good--I'd eat it with couscous or rice happily. Watch me demonstrate this recipe on youtube!
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often