Everybody deserves a chance to celebrate with cake, even if that cake has to be friendly to their allergies! Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, corn-free, vegan, this should take care of all your eaters.
- 1/2 Tbsp ground flax seeds (flaxmeal)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp warm water
- 1/2 C gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 rounded tsp xanthan gum
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 C water
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 C + 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp dairy-free sour cream
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Stir in water, cocoa, sugar, and sour cream. Remove from heat. Stir in flax-water mixture; whisk in dry ingredients until combined.
3. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting with Allergy-Free Peppermint Frosting.
Robyn's notes: my only (minor) complaint about this recipe is that it's not quite as nice to lick the pan as it is with standard cake batter. It doesn't taste bad--oddly it tasted a bit banana to me--it's just not as rich as the other type. I really quite enjoyed the finished product, especially once the cupcakes were frosted. There were no texture issues, and it was light and airy. You may get 5 cupcakes out of this, I did, but I was using my "heart-shaped" silicone liners, which can't hold as much batter. The finished product made in them has never once come out heart-shaped, but I needed silicone liners and these were 80% off so I chose them instead of the regular shape. Watch me demonstrate this recipe on youtube!
**** 4 Stars: Very Good. Enjoyed by us both, I will make this frequently
Post a Comment