These can be made as one pie in a single, larger skillet, but I do enjoy individual servings and don't get a lot of opportunities to use my mini skillets.
- 4 strips bacon, diced
- 1/2 C frozen shredded hash browns, thawed and drained
- 3 eggs
- dash pepper
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese (or blend)
- 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs together with pepper until fluffy. Stir in cheese. Pour half into another bowl.
3. Add bacon-potato mixture from each skillet into each bowl of egg. Stir well.
4. Pour oil into now-empty skillets. Add mixtures to skillets and cook over medium-high heat until bottom is golden brown and top is lightly set.
5. Loosen edges with heat-resistant spatula and slide each pie onto a plate. Place another plate upside down on top of pie, and flip, holding the plates together. Slide the now-inverted pie back into the skillet, tucking in the edges.
6. Cook for a few more minutes, until egg is completely set.
Robyn's notes: to thaw the potatoes quickly, microwave them for a couple minutes, stirring halfway through. Squeeze thawed potatoes in a paper towel to get all moisture out. Watch me demonstrate this recipe on youtube!
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often
Post a Comment