Great last-minute summer dish, especially for vegetarians!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2. Meanwhile, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine beans, tomato, oil, cumin, coriander, and salt; microwave on High until just heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. When just cool enough to handle, slash each sweet potato lengthwise, press open to make a well in the center, and spoon the bean mixture into the well. Top each with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Robyn's notes: this went so quickly and easily, and the cumin made the kitchen smell fantastic! Many people hate cilantro, feel free to leave it out if you're one of them. Unfortunately this contains several ingredients that I can't eat, so it won't be made often in this house. Watch me demonstrate this recipe on YouTube!
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often