- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 C roasted garlic hummus
- 1 tsp crushed dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning blend, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp pepper (coarsely ground preferred)
- 1 Tbsp snipped fresh parsley (optional)
2. Return to the pan. Heat over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just simmering. Ladle into bowls. Garnish with the parsley.
Robyn's notes: this was far too strongly herb flavoured. If making this again, I'd actually halve the amount of all of the herbs. It was quite easy and quick, though. Shown with Grilled Triple Cheese Sandwiches.
** 2 Stars: Acceptable. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, if I make changes
Nutritional Facts: Exchanges = 1/2 Starch, 2 Vegetable, 1 Fat. Calories 125; Calories from Fat 55; Total Fat 6g; Saturated Fat 1.1g; Trans Fat 0g; Polyunsaturated Fat 2.4g; Monounsaturated Fat 2.7g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g; Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 7g; Protein 4g