- 1/3 C uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 C chopped onion
- 1 C canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 C tomato juice
- 3/4 C canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato juice, beans, garlic, chili powder, salt, oregano, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
3. Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture. Stir in pickle relish; heat through.
Robyn's notes: I used whole wheat penne pasta instead of elbow mac. He liked this, and it was easy to make.