- 2 Tbsp slivered almonds
- 1/4 C nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon (optional)
- pepper to taste
- 1 C diced smoked or roast turkey breast
- 1/2 C diced celery
- 1 C seedless red or green grapes
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Place the almonds in a microwave safe custard cup or small bowl. Microwave on high power for 1 minute, stir, then cook for another minute on high. Set the almonds aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mustard, tarragon (if using) and pepper. Add the turkey, celery, grapes, and parsley; toss well. Sprinkle with the almonds.
3. Cover the salad and chill for several hours to blend the flavors.
Robyn's notes: I didn't use tarragon or parsley, and since I'm not fond of the taste of mustard I got French's honey flavoured mustard. Not honey-mustard, but a slightly better taste just for me. For the turkey, I went to the grocery deli counter and asked for a thick cut of turkey. The girl asked how thick, I said approx 1/4 inch, and she took care of the rest. He really liked this one, and it was fast.