- 2 tsp + 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 8 oz boneless sirloin steak, trimmed of fat, halved
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 6 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 C beef broth
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook steaks for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until browned and of desired doneness. Transfer to plates. Cover with foil to keep warm.
3. In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tsp oil, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook mushrooms over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until they start releasing their juices. Pour in the remaining 1 Tbsp vinegar and the broth, scraping to dislodge any browned bits. Cook for 5 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Serve over the steaks.
Robyn's notes: this is actually a fairly low-cal dinner! Each serving of steak with mushrooms will be about 200 calories (try to use beef broth without extra salt and fat-free if you can find it). This would go well with a spinach salad and maybe some garlic toast. Watch me demonstrate this recipe on youtube!
*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often